Golden community is a dynamic profit non-distributing company established in 2016, extending worthwhile technical and managerial assistance to strengthen public and private sector maternal and child health services in co-operation with concerned government bodies and in partnership with international organizations.
Golden community focuses on reaching under privileged population residing in the remote areas of Nepal. The institution is operated by highly motivated, enthusiastic and well experienced professionals from different background.
To contribute for a prosperous nation and healthy citizens irrespective of age, sex, level of education, geographical and cultural background, economic status and ethnicity by strengthening public health in Nepal being more focused on Maternal and Newborn Health, Child Health, Family Planning and Nutrition programs.
We aim to:
- Technically support government at hospital and community level towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
- Support safe motherhood and women rights campaignthrough technical and managerial services in antenatal checkup and free maternity services by skilled health provider in health institution.
- Provide technical and managerial services to increase the use of family planning methods, increase family planning services coverage, decrease total fertility rate (TFR) and to assure the choice of family planning methods.
- Provide technical and managerial services to decrease under five age children mortality rateand to support CB-IMNCI, ICB-NCP in their activities:
- Research to scale up
- Support government programs to Improve nutritional status of pregnant, postnatal mother and under five age children through technical and managerial services.
- Provide technical and managerial services in HIV/AIDScounselling, diagnosis, treatment and care, routine follow up, supply, projection, quantity determination, purchase, storage, distribution, monitoring of medicine and test kit, communication process and analysis to implement effective program.
- Provide technical and managerial services in raising public awareness regarding water and sanitation (WASH).
- Provide counselling, technical and managerial services in corporation with local authority to conduct programs to make the woman and under privileged groups’ self-dependent which helps them for involving in inclusive and participatory community development.
- Assure the equal access to different faculties and level of education, make education helpful and relevant, bring positive social changes by providing technical and managerial services.
- Provide technical and managerial services in competitive agricultural production and businessto increase agriculture production, inclusive and balanced development, food protection and nutritious food consumption.
The primary objective of Golden Community is to provide continuous support for assurance of good health of all through quality health services by skilled health workers incorporating high end valid innovations under the guidance of scientific evidence based health policies and practices.
Secondary Objectives are
- To facilitate in the formation and effective functioning of quality improvement bodies through varied forms of capacity building activities in different point of time.
- To reinforce evidence based improved health practices in hospitals through output oriented training and other interventions as Bottleneck analysis and Readiness assessment, PDSA meeting, Progress board with newborn and maternal mortality and morbidity indicators.
- To find out gap in health information system and generate evidence to strengthen recording and reporting of indicators defining maternal and child mortality and morbidity by tracking and observation method.
- To assess the immediate and long term effect of interventions through longitudinal follow up of the cohort adding to sustainability and acceptability of interventions in health care delivery.
- To provide technical support embracing health equity irrespective of geographical barriers targeting vulnerable population of mother and child through advanced technology.
- To introduce advanced novel equipment to strengthen health care delivery in the hospitals of Nepal through rigorous structured testing of the equipment and reliable evidence thereafter.
Track record so far:
Helping Babies Breathe Quality Improvement Project Scale up in 12 hospitals. A scale up research supported by Uppsala University for a period of 2 years with 0.5 million USD. The project expects more than 60,000 mothers and newborns tracked and observed. The project will end in 2018.
Every Newborn Action Plan metric evaluation and long term follow up in collaboration with London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) with the partnership value of 0.25 million USD. A rigorous study to assess the developmental outcomes of babies who received resuscitation, Kangaroo Mother Care and infection management at birth. A five year follow up to 800 babies is aimed. The project will end in 2023.
Evaluation of the Safer Birth package on health worker’s performance and perinatal outcome in a hospital of Nepal in collaboration with Laerdal Global Health with the partnership value of 170 K USD. The project will end in 2019.
Randomized Controlled Trial on Effect of SMS based reminders to care giver on improvement in coverage of immunization in a hospital of Nepal in partnership with UNICEF Nepal. The partnership value is of 180 K USD. The project will end in 2018.
Cohort follow up study of delayed cord clamping at birth. We have experienced and competent database manager, data entry operators to maintain data quality in a systematic way.
Almost all the research projects are designed in mixed method approach. Having qualitative trained experts, we have used qualitative techniques such as Semi Structured Interview (SSI) and Focus Group Discussion (FGD) especially during the pilot testing of En-Smiling study to assess the perception of mothers and assessors regarding assessment tools and the whole process which helped in validation of actual data collection. Qualitative method is also used in Process Evaluation of NePeriQIP to find out the real perception of health workers, health care seekers, policy makers and project staffs towards NePeriQIP and to determine the in-depth explanation of any activities involved in this study. We have also conducted In Depth Interview (IDI) in recent pilot testing of Safer Birth Package to have feedback on the new equipment introduced and the training package transforming the package into effective one.
Thematic interpretation of MNCH amalgamating to strengthen health system
Golden Community is evolving as an accountable research organization in national and international forum. We have the research projects in government hospitals requiring a cordial relationship with the government officials. For the sustainability of change we bring or adherence to a novel health practice we introduce post study, advocating and influencing policy decisions are the most important tasks to be accomplished from the beginning of the any project. GC in collaboration with related developmental partners and prominent government bodies creates a facilitating environment for the Ministry of Health to strengthen health system in an integrated approach.
GC has sound, structured management system with clear employment policy in terms of roles and responsibilities, infra structures availability both in head office as well as field office. Outcome oriented job descriptions of field staffs account for the smooth field operation and the intermittent monitoring by internal review team members ensures deliverables in time as expected by the providers. All site weekly online meeting of different projects updates project’s activities through data presentations and interactions among filed staffs and project management team.
GC has successfully implemented few projects with ongoing small and large scale research projects in collaboration with government bodies, international developing partner, research institutes and renowned academic institutions.